Advising Natural Resource Companies
Natural Resources Companies’ PE requirements generally vary according to the scale and nature of their project development and capital expenditure programmes. Early-stage resource companies regularly find themselves in weak negotiation positions due to poor cash flows and lack of a saleable product. For this reason PE financing may be the only option available to raise the necessary capital to enable them to make the jump from exploration potential to production.
Charltons is committed to assisting resource companies to put in place the most suitable investment structure to accommodate their development plans.
Charltons is also experienced in acting for private equity and institutional investors. We understand their objectives and the risk minimization strategies they employ. In this respect we are ideally placed to advise resource companies on what they might expect and should be prepared for when negotiating with potential investors.
Charltons can assist natural resource companies by:
- Conducting due diligence
- Assisting in the preparation of information memoranda or other investor “teasers”
- Assisting with placings to existing shareholders (where option is available)
- Drafting share sale / subscription agreements and shareholder agreements
- IP protection
- Injection of PE capital via both incorporated and unincorporated joint ventures
- Where applicable the drafting and/or review of “off-take” agreements